Monday, September 2, 2013

It is Monday... September 2


Visit Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers to find out more about It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? and link to other participating blogs.




Goodreads link

Picture a Tree Book trailer:

 

The Making of Picture a Tree:

How does Barbara Reid make those fabulous plasticine pictures?
Part one: 



Part two:




Goodreads Link

I will certainly be sharing this fabulous biography of Albert Einstein with my students this year!



Goodreads Link

We just finished this as a read-together book.
I love this magical series by Minnesotan Lynne Jonnell.
Get started with the first book Hamster Magic.
Suggest this series to your fans of Magic Tree House.



Goodreads Link

Goofy Ugly Doll fun in this comic collection of stories.



It's cycled back to the Bud's choice for a "read-together" book. 
I'm glad he brought us back to finish the Spiderwick series.


5 comments:

  1. ON A BEAM OF LIGHT is one of my Caldecott predictions. Loved the understated whimsy in the illustrations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these video clips--the trailer and the "how to" peeks into the process. Will share this one with our art teachers. :-)

    Natalie @BiblioLinks

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting to know about Grasshopper Magic, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear about that "Magic" series. And I am looking forward to On a Beam of Light very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura, I loved "On a Beam of Light" and shared it with my teacher-students recently. I have the big volume of Spiderwick Chronicles but haven't had a chance to read it yet. :) Have a great reading week ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete