Monday, January 6, 2014

It is Monday... January 6

It has been a wonderful winter break and start of 2014!
It's currently 20 degrees below zero and all K-12 schools across Minnesota are closed, so I am enjoying an extra day home with the 5sters.


Visit Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers to find out more about It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? and link to other participating blogs.





The Bud and I finished the audio book of Neversink just before winter break. He loves animal fantasy adventure stories, so this was right up his alley. 
The narrator has great voices for the animal characters.








Another amazing novel in verse and alternating perspectives by the fabulous Helen Frost.
Short and powerful
Historical and engaging
This book sits in the back of your mind for a long time.

More information on Helen Frost's website.






The 2013 National Book Award Winner - Young People's Literature







This is our current audiobook in the car. It's an old favorite and so fun to come back to with the 5sters.




I've recently made the realization that the Bud loves animal fantasy stories, and we hadn't read The One and Only Ivan! ~gasp!~
I saved it to start over break with the 5sters, and they are in love.










2 comments:

  1. Great books. I'd like to find Neversink, looks great. I also have Zebra Forest on my TBR list. Have a great week Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Laura, I just bought The One and Only Ivan! Now there is absolutely no reason for me not to read it this year. Helen Frost is a favourite, I must have read quite a fair number of her novels-in-verse when we had a poetry theme a few years back. We also have the Doll People series lying unloved in my bookshelves. I hope to get to them soonest. :) Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete