Sunday, April 1, 2012

Caldecott Challenge Photo Update: 1950




1950 Caldecott Award

Song of the Swallows

by 



Beautiful colorful illustrations, and like many early books there is a song included.
I spared you from my singing, but if you would like to hear the melody, click the video below.




1950 Caldecott Honor Books

America's Ethan Allen

by 

Looking at this book in the stack was causing me to stall on getting back into the Caldecott Challenge - so text heavy and dry, but I finally pushed myself through its 100 pages of tall tale masquerading as biography.


Bartholomew and the Oobleck

by 

Oh, Dr. Seuss, thank goodness I have you for the Caldecott Challenge early years!


The Happy Day

written by 

The Happy Day seems like a book that would be read over and over with young children. It would have made for a good board book in it's day. 


The Wild Birthday Cake
written by 
I love the professor character, and the name for the duck in the end of the story.


Henry-Fisherman
by 
Brown chose fabulous colors for the illustrations that really connect to the setting.


Favorite from 1950: Bartholomew and the Oobleck
Caldecott Challenge Count: 1938-1950 = 62 read



No comments:

Post a Comment