Visit Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers to find out more about It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? and link to other participating blogs.
Locomotive is a nonfiction picture book at its best: beautiful artwork, interesting historical topic, an explosion, and tips on going to the bathroom on a train in the late 1800s.
Brian Floca on twitter: @BrianFloca
I am so excited that Brian Floca will be visiting my school this fall.
The 5sters and I loved reading this out loud together. The only problem with reading this one out loud was that The Bud kept wanting me to re-read parts he thought were funny slowing us down.
Follow Liesl Shurtliff on Twitter: @LieslShurtliff
Fabulous nonfiction in graphic novel format!
"The true story of three scientists who risked their lives for research that forever changed the way we think of primates...including ourselves."
- Check out Jonathan Bean's blog post with pictures from the real house building that inspired the book.
- Activities and drawing pages on Deborah Freedman's Website.
- Follow Deborah Freedman on Twitter: @DeborahFreedman
I fell in love the artwork of Chris Sickels (Red Nose Studio) when I read Here Comes the Garbage Barge, so I was delighted to see another book filled with his fabulous puppets.
- Check out this fabulous interview with Chris Sickels including a tour of his studio
- Follow Jennifer Larue Huget on Twitter: @jhuget
- Follow Chris Sickels on Twitter: @rednosestudio