Monday, August 5, 2013

It is Monday... August 5th

The sands of summer seem to be slipping away so quickly through my fingers.
But for now, it's still summer and... it's Monday!



Visit Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers to find out more about It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? and link to other participating blogs.






Oh. My. Goodness. The illustrations for this sweet wordless story are darling.
My 4 year old has loved reading the picture of this one.

Follow Rebecca Dudley: @storywoods 






The Dark feels like the type of story you would tell around a campfire.
My students are going to love this creepy (but not too scary) story of Laszlo and the dark.

Follow Jon Klassen: @burstofbeaden 









Unicorn thinks he's pretty great, and he's not wrong.
I predict a long hold list in the future of this title.

Follow Bob Shea: @bobshea 






This was a fabulous choice for a road trip audio book; Jim Dale narrates providing amazing character voices that had us riveted.

The Emerald Atlas is a 2014 Maud Hart Lovelace Nominee.

Follow John Stephens: @johnrstephens 








The Front is a quirky and fun, mutants-saving-the-world graphic novel for the middle school set.

Follow Jerzy Drozd: @jerzy

If you love kids comics and you don't know about Kids' Comics Revolution podcast with Jerzy and Dave Roman, it is a must listen.

Take a listen to their latest episode:



Listen to more episodes of Kids' Comics Reovolution and subscribe through iTunes.





We are still loving Rump for our read-together book at home.













4 comments:

  1. That unicorn book is so cute! I took it home for my nephews (who think they are getting too old for picture books. They are wrong!) Have a great week! http://wp.me/pzUn5-1BQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed The Emerald Atlas on audio. Such a great story and I agree Jim Dale is utterly amazing with all of those voices! I enjoyed The Book of Elsewhere as a read aloud with my now fourth grader. Spooky! And The Dark and Unicorn are some of my favorites this year. And that cover for Hank Finds an Egg is adorable. I'll have to look for that one!

    --Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of The Emerald Atlas. I read it aloud to my children and it was a delight to read aloud so I can imagine it would be terrific as an audio title. I have Rump on hold - think both my daughter and I would enjoy this title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hank Finds an Egg Looks absolutely darling and oh my goodness! The Unicorn Thinks He's Pretty Great trailer is awesome! I must get my hands on that book!

    Rump looks like it would go really well with kids who like The Hero's Guide series by Christopher Healy. I haven't read Rump yet, but based on the trailer it has that sort of vibe to it.

    ReplyDelete