Monday, July 15, 2013

It's Monday...Here's what I'm reading





Visit Teach Mentor Texts to find out more about It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? and link to other participating blogs.





The Adoration of Jenna Fox is on Minnesota's Maud Hart Lovelace list for 2013-14
My students are going to love the ethical sic-fi elements.






Heart of a Shepherd is another MHL nominee. The audio version is excellent, and is narrated by the fabulous Kirby Heyborn who loves librarians (see the video below the book trailer).










So excited to finally see this one in person.
AND there is a robot with the number 5 on it in the illustrations!


The 5sters (aka my young ones) are alternating choosing read alouds.
This week we finished...

The Bud's pick:

Cupcake's pick:

There has been a lot of pretending to be Zombies around the 5 house.
We also loved the Zombie recommended reading titles included in the book.







The Bud chose to re-read our special new copy of The Night Fairy for our next read aloud. 








3 comments:

  1. I need to get that STINK book. I love anything zombies. Thanks for making me aware of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura. I really enjoy reading your blog and I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! Please visit my blog for more info. http://thelatebloomersbookblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Adoration of Jenna Fox looks really interesting - I'll have to check that one out. I found your blog via Gigi's Liebster Award nomination (I see she just told you about it above) and thought I'd come check it out. I'm now following!

    Nicole @ Best Kids' Reads

    ReplyDelete